Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency
EPALE – Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe
The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency ("EACEA") is committed to preserving your privacy All personal data are dealt with in accordance with the applicable EU data protection legislation, currently Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 on the protection of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies.
The following Privacy statement outlines the policies by which the EACEA collects, manages and uses the personal data of the concerned individuals within the EPALE – Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe.
- Who is responsible for processing your personal data (data controller)?
Person designated as being in charge of the processing operation: Head of Unit A5 of EACEA
Postal address: Education Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency, Avenue du Bourget 1, BOUR, BE-1140 Brussels
- Which personal data are processed?
- Organisation and address (if applicable)
- Country based in
- Language(s) used
- Contact details – e.g. email address
- Related thematic areas of interest
- Features of interest on the site e.g. partner search
- For which purpose do we process your data?
Personal data is gathered for internal purposes relating to mailing, distribution of information etc. Users will also be able to “opt in” and create more detailed users profiles which will be public and can be used to help find partners and other users working in similar areas across Europe in order to share best practice. However, it will be the choice of the users to share this information with the EPALE community.
The processing of personal data in the relevant parts of the platform is necessary to allow users to find partners, to allow EPALE registrants to communicate and collaborate in the spirit of mutual trust and respect and to allow monitoring activities to prevent improper usage of the platform.
- Who has access to your personal data and to whom is it disclosed?
- European Commission, Directorate General Education and Culture (EAC) and Directorate General for Employment, Social affairs and Inclusion (EMPL) designated staff
- EACEA designated staff
- The EPALE Central Support Service (CSS), run by the consortium Ecorys UK – Intrasoft International
- EPALE National Support Services (NSSs), who are in charge of promoting EPALE to the local and national stakeholders, and keeping contact with them. Each NSS receives the personal data of the users of its respective country.
- If the NSS is located outside of the EU/EEA, the transfer of personal data takes place on the basis of appropriate safeguards referred to in the grant agreements signed between the Agency and the NSS. You may request to obtain a copy of these safeguards by contacting the controller as indicated under 1 above.
The complete and updated list of those countries, as well as of all NSSs, is available in the dedicated page (/en/nss).
- Researchers if specifically allowed by the Data Controller.
- How long do we keep your personal data?
- Data processed in the context of internal telecommunications networks (traffic data and directories) maybe disclosed to CSS team members/EACEA/EAC/EMPL and will be kept during all the EPALE action.
- Regarding the contact details: 1 year after user's last login, data will be set to inactive, i.e. no longer visible to the public. 2 years after user's last login data are permanently made anonymous and only kept for statistical use. The contact details will be immediately made anonymous upon request of the registrant.
- Messages in forums will be kept during all the EPALE action.
- Messages or Educational materials posted in the Resources centre will be kept during all the EPALE action.
- Messages or Educational materials posted in the NSS closed group and other groups will be kept during all the EPALE action.
- Files and blog posts will be kept during all the EPALE action.
- How do we protect your personal data?
The controllers and its contractors ensure an appropriate level of security for the protection of your personal data through the adoption of technical and organizational measures, such as for example data access management and encryption.
- How can you exercise your rights, such as the right of access and rectification of data concerning you?
You have the right to:
- Request to access the personal data we have on you;
- Request a rectification of your personal data;
- Request the erasure of your personal data;
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- Object to the processing of your personal data;
- Request for your data to be transferred to another organization in commonly used machine-readable standard format (data portability);
- Withdraw your consent at any time.
To exercise your rights, please contact the controller as indicated under 1 above by explicitly specifying your request.
- Your right to have recourse in case of conflict on any personal data issue
In case of conflict on any personal data protection issue you can address yourself to the Controller at the above mentioned address and functional mailboxes.
You can also contact EACEA's Data Protection Officer at the following email address: email@example.com.
You may lodge a complaint with the European Data Protection Supervisor at any time: Website http://www.edps.europa.eu.
- On which legal basis are we processing your personal data?
The legal bases for this initiative are:
- Regulation (EU) No 1288/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 (OJ L 347, 20.12.2013, p. 50–73) establishing 'Erasmus+': the Union programme for education, training, youth and sport and repealing Decisions No 1719/2006/EC, No 1720/2006/EC and No 1298/2008/EC
- Commission Implementing Decision of 18 December 2013 establishing the ‘Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency’ and repealing Decision 2009/336/EC (2013/776/EU): Article 3(a).
Service contract signed with Ecorys/Intrasoft (ref: 2017-3527/001-001).
Tendering specifications EPALE – Electronic Platform for Adult Learning in Europe EACEA/2012/05
Restricted call for proposals EPALE NATIONAL SUPPORT SERVICES EACEA N° 02/2016 and EACEA 02/2018.
Memorandum of Understanding for the "FPFIS-CMS" service signed between EACEA and DIGIT (ref: DIGIT – 00488-00)
 Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data, OJ L8 of 12.1.2001, p. 1.