Subdirección General de Orientación y Aprendizaje a lo largo de la vida. Ministerio de Educación y Formación Profesional.
The Sub-Directorate General for Guidance and Lifelong Learning, dependent on the General Secretariat for Vocational Training, has the following functions assigned within the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training:
- The development of materials and management of the direct offer of Distance Vocational Training of the Center for the Innovation and Development of Distance Education (CIDEAD), in coordination with the Directorate General of Educational Planning and Management regarding the provision, as well as other distance professional training offers for adults.
- The preparation of studies, technical work and reports, and the preparation and execution of plans for the improvement of the quality, the evaluation and promotion of Vocational Training, as well as measures that promote equality, non-discrimination and universal accessibility policies.
- The design of strategies for the promotion of career guidance, the development of an integrated career guidance system, in collaboration with other Departments, as well as the maintenance of portals, platforms and social networks to facilitate the exchange of information, experiences and resources in the field of vocational guidance and training.
- The promotion of programs aimed at facilitating professional career development and access to professional qualification and requalification.
- The design and development of actions that promote technical-professional lifelong learning, both through regulated and non-regulated teaching activities.
As the Spanish NSS for EPALE, the Sub-Directorate General for Guidance and Lifelong Learning aims to improve the quality in adult learning in Spain, easing information to adult learning providers about the opportunities of professional development, resources, news, networking, etc.
Some of our activities as NSS for Spain include: developing a national communication strategy; identifying stakeholders at local, regional and national level; participating in forums, social networks and blogs of the platform; selecting adult learning contents and resources; and encouraging users to propose contents for the platform.
Asunción Manzanares Moya. Deputy Director General for Guidance and Lifelong Learning
Daniel Rodríguez Arenas. Head of Unit for Lifelong Learning.
Eduardo Cabornero Martínez. Technical Advisor. Contact person for EPALE in Spain.
Virginia Espinosa Berrocal. Technical Advisor. Contact person for EPALE in Spain.
Ruled by the Organic Law 3/2020, 29th December, which modifies the Organic Law 2/2006, 3rd May, of Education.
Each of the seventeen Autonomous Communities of Spain and the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training within the territory under its control, have assigned competences in order to adopt the correspondent measures to provide specific training to adults according to their needs.
Pending to be updated