Mobile Learning Week (MLW) is the United Nations’ flagship event on Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education, and has been organized by UNESCO and its partners for eight years consecutively.
The 2020 edition of MLW will be held from 2 to 6 March 2020 in Paris under the theme Artificial Intelligence and Inclusion. It is designed to steer the use of Artificial Intelligence (AI) towards the direction of inclusion and equity in education – core values underpinning the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and digital opportunities for all.
In order to thoroughly explore both the potential risks and benefits of AI and inclusion in education, the four major topics of the Mobile Learning Week 2020 will be:
- How to solidify international cooperation to promote inclusive access to AI and digital innovations?
- How to leverage AI to advance inclusion in access to quality learning opportunities?
- How to foster AI innovations to enhance learning outcomes across learning settings?
- How to ensure non-discriminatory and gender-equitable use of AI for lifelong learning?
This 5-day event will consist of a dynamic combination of high-level plenaries, workshops, a policy forum and hands-on demonstrations. To get an idea of what to expect, explore a selection of photos from Mobile Learning Week 2019.
More information on UNESCO’s AI in education events can be found in the two outcome reports from Mobile Learning Week 2019:
- Artificial Intelligence for Sustainable Development: Synthesis Report
- Artificial Intelligence in Education: Compendium of Promising Initiatives
or in the report and consensus from the International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Education:
- Beijing Consensus on Artificial Intelligence and Education
- International conference on Artificial intelligence and Education, Planning education in the AI Era: Lead the leap: final report