The Rems-Murr-Kreis district is located in the Stuttgart region (Baden-Württemberg) in Germany. The district was founded in 1973 and takes its name from the rivers Rems and Murr. Altogether 31 municipalities belong to the Rems-Murr-Kreis. Among them are six large towns (Backnang, Fellbach, Schorndorf, Waiblingen, Weinstadt and Winnenden).
The district office is divided into five departments:
- Finances, Human Ressources and Investments
- Public safety, Health and Public Transportation
- Construction, Environment and Infrastructure
- Forest, Agriculture, Consumer Protection and Geodesy
- Social Services, Youth and Education
In these departments, different training occupations can be learned, such as
- Administrative Managers,
- Administrative Assistants,
- Road Maintenance,
- Surveying Technicians,
- Computer Science Experts,
- Geomaticians and
- Curative Education Nurses.
In addition, the courses of Public Management, Digital Administration Management, Social Work and Social Work in Health Care studies are also offered. For more than a quater of a century, the Rems-Murr-Kreis has maintained close friendly relations with the Meißen district in Sachsen, Baranya district in Hungary and Rayon Dmitrow in Russia. Now the district and the administration would like to develop relations throughout Europa with the Erasmus+ project.