DeCoDe: Challenges of Regional Centres: Depopulation Control, Development the project's final results
DeCoDe “Challenges of Regional Centres: Depopulation Control, Development – best practices” finished on December 2019.
DECODE is a Europe for Citizens project, Nr. 595269-CITIZ-1- 2017-2-LV-CITIZ-NT
Daugavpils City Council, as a lead partner, together with project partners from different EU countries and cities, has launched the DeCoDe project in the framework of the Measure “Networks of Towns” of Action 2 “Democratic Engagement and Civic Participation” of the European Union programme “Europe for Citizens”. The project involves 8 partners from 8 countries: Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Germany, Romania, Italy, Denmark and Spain.
- DAUGAVPILS CITY COUNCIL (DAUGAVPILS PILSĒTAS DOME), Daugavpils, Latvia;
- KAUNAS CITY MUNICIPALITY (KAUNO MIESTO SAVIVALDYBES ADMINISTRACIJA), Kaunas, Lithuania;
- LODZKIE REGION (WOJEWODZTWO LODZKIE), Lodz, Poland;
- CITY ADMINISTRATION OF MAGDEBURG (LANDESHAUPTSTADT MAGDEBURG), Magdeburg, Germany;
- CEIPES (CENTRO INTERNAZIONALE PER LA PROMOZIONE DELL’EDUCAZIONE E LO SVILUPPO), Palermo, Italy;
- MUNICIPALITY OF VEJLE Vejle, Denmark;
- ACTA CENTER (ASOCIATIA CENTRUL EUROPEAN PENTRU INTEGRARE SOCIOPROFESIONALA), Oradea, Romania;
- ADIMAN (ASOCIACION PARA DESARROLLO INTEGRAL DE LA MANCHELA CONQUENSE), Casasimarro, Spain.
The project aims to create an international, sustainable network of European cities, which are regional centres in their countries, in order to share experiences on depopulation and return migration processes and their impact. This project was organized within the framework of the European Union program “Europe for Citizens”.
From the cooperation and the exchange of good practices of the partners during the period project 2 important documents were born.A collection of good practices and results of the project in the field of depopulation and an action plan with suggestions about the depopulation phenomenon and how to face it.
These documents are available here and free to be downloaded and consulted!