Curriculum globALE (CG) is a cross-cultural core curriculum for the training of adult educators worldwide. It was developed jointly by the German Institute for Adult Education (DIE) and DVV International, the Institute for International Cooperation of the German Adult Education Association. In five modules, it describes the relevant skills needed to lead successful courses and provides guidance on their practical implementation.
Curriculum globALE aims to
- enhance the professionalisation of adult educators working in different contexts by providing a common competence standard,
- support adult education providers in the design and implementation of train-the-trainer programmes,
- foster knowledge exchange and mutual understanding between adult educators across countries and regions.
Who will benefit from Curriculum globALE?
- Institutions providing train-the-trainer programmes may use the CG for designing training offers according to a global standard.
- Individuals wishing to teach in adult education will gain a professional qualification of global relevance by taking part in a CG-based train-the-trainer programme.
Who should take part in a CG training?
- Individuals wishing to start work as teachers/trainers of adults.
- Teachers and trainers of adults who already have some teaching experience but have not had systematic training for this work.