Participants will be introduced to a number of tools like mapping ideas, environmental stimuli, business models, and benchmarking.
We will look at a three-stage work-flow taking us from idea generation, through to validating the idea and testing.
By using a number of creative thinking techniques we will give practical examples of how ideas move from conception to reality.
Idea generation– divergent and convergent thinking
- Identifying new ideas and their critically approaching their vailidity.
- Developing a specific set of criteria to test ideas based on desired outcomes.
Idea validation – how the generated ideas fit the specified criteria.
- Setting measurement techniques depending on the stated outcomes and accepted tolerances.
- Further investigation of testing methodologies.
Testing the idea – determining the viability of the ideas.
- Learning how to test ideas quickly through small, fast experiments
- Addressing the problem / solution fit, scale, market and cost.
- Learning how to adapt or modify ideas.
Through practical exercises, field trips and workshops in different environmental situations participants will experience how factors that can and cannot be controlled affect the ideation and testing phase.
- Course Overview & Introduction – Models and ideation techniques
- Idea generation – Divergent Thinking techniques – using different environments and stimuli to generate ideas.
- Ideas validation – Convergent Thinking techniques – defining a set of metrics to use to refine the ideas and to develop 1 – 2 ideas to take forward to testing.
- Ideas testing – Real World testing workshops – using parts of the lean & business model canvas to test the ideas.
- Pitching and Presenting Skills – Learning how to pitch and present your ideas and receive feedback.
- The Week in Review – Review session seeing how the whole process works and how we can move to the next step.