A Sud Onlus is an indipendent association founded in 2003. the organisation is active in the field of social and environmental justice through various type of activities:
Training: We conduct environmental, intercultural and interdisciplinary informal, non formal and formal training projects oriented towards administrators, trade unionists, workers, students and third sector's interlocutors, with the purpose to provide tools for deeply understanding the environmental, social and economic crisis, and for the promotion of the ecological reconversion's process.
Research: We promote social and collaborative research projects (at both national and international level) on political and ecological economy, in collaboration with civil society, local administrations and the academic world.
Cooperation: We realize cooperation and peace keeping projects, educational initiatives and solidarity's caravans to support communities, social movements and organizations living in Italy and in the Global South.
Communication: We promote informations and awareness campaigns, we organize debates and public events, international conferences. We publish books, papers and reviews, we collaborate with national newspapers and magazines and we also realize multimedia productions.
Since its foundation, A Sud acts as a bridge organisation between different actors whose convergence is essential to the promotion of real change: local government, producers, trade unions, academics and social organisations.
More info on our training activities:
- EU Project Compass: on-line course on ecological conversion of public space directed at unemployed professionals. (2015-2017)
- Melting Youth: intercultural integration of youth through guerilla gardening actions in Garbatella neibourhood in Rome. (2015- 2016)
- T- Riciclo: environmental education and gardening for children from 3 to 10 years old, both italians and immigrants. (2014-2016)
- ResponsabilMENTE: training course on responsible consumption, ethical finance and social and environmental sustainability directed at students, teachers and families. (2014)
- REPLICA project: VET course "Sustainable and Participatory Management of Territories" directed at public administrators and other stakeholders. (2014)
- Giovane Terra - Green Jobs. Instruments for the creation of youth enterprises on social agricolture: training to young unemployed and disable people to start up a social agricolture enterprise. (2014)
- EU project CINERGY: informal learning and knowledge/experience exchange on community energy and energy democracy. (2012-2014)
- Green Emergency: high school students environmental education through video production. (2010-2011)
- FORM.I.C.A. - Inter- disciplinary Training Culture and Environment: environmental education training for teachers. (2010-2011)
- Understanding Environmental Conflicts: intensive course on analysis, research, comunication on environmental emergencies.
- Investigative Environmental Journalism: intensive course on theories and techniques for environmental investigation and journalism.
- Project Managing Course for no-profit: intensive course on theoretical methods for funding search, project proposal development and project management.