This is a call for partners
We are Plena Inclusion (former FEAPS Ceuta) and we are focused on a project into the strategisc KA2 of Erasmus + 2015-2016
We don`t have a project yet but we would like to be a partner of yours or to build one together. As you know, Ceuta is a Spanish small town in north Africa. Almost 67% per cent of its population is Muslim.
FEAPS city of Ceuta aims to improve the quality of life of adults with intellectual disability (DI) who are living in Ceuta, 145 are already users of our entity and have been beneficiaries of our programs for years. Our Federation gives continuity to a work started 33 years ago by a group of parents, who in the absence of public resources to assist people with DI-age adult founded APROS. Since then this project pioneer has been taking shape and growing to become the point of reference for all persons and entities who have any link or wish to be linked with intellectual disabilities in the city of Ceuta. This spirit continues today and has been the engine by which our Organization is pioneer in establishing a supervised housing for people with intellectual disabilities , and is the greater employment special centre of Ceuta, having more than 40 employees with disabilities in their workforce and is responsible for the cleaning of all secondary schools of this city.
Ours is the only center in Ceuta who offers services of day care to people with DI, some of them with problems of behaviour or the only service that offers integration work specific to people with DI, actually we have formed many of the workers who currently are part of the services of cleaning APROS company.
All this would have not been possible if, since the begining we did not have been supported by Local Administration and other private entities.
You may contact us too :
Our proposal :
In the last years we have been working in the relationship between curriculum and creativity. According to our main characteristics we are going to try to put together several issues:
1. We are attending people with Intellectual Disability. Creativity is going to be are a main tool to develop basic skills.
2. 60% of our clients are Muslims. So our curriculum must consider this fact inside our programs.
3. Many other countries in Europe are hosting immigrants. People from different cultures. We have been placed in this scenery for many years. We believe we have a great chance to share our experiences with the experiences of others countries in Europe. And at the same time to build a program together.
4. Of course creativity is a huge field to deal with. Nowadays we are specialized in handcraft, music, theater, festivities and so on. Using activities around this practises we develop the core of our curriculum
5. There are other many factors that are in our project. The roll of families. The roll of teachers and personal, which skills are they supposed to be developped. The way we are going to disseminate our experiences. And many others.
6. We want to to claim for a project of two years.
7. We know that many others questions are not answered. But this is only a project, if you are interest PLEASE CONTACT US