New Online Discussion: Critical digital and media literacy
EBSN is glad to announce that the next online discussion in the framework of Capacity Building Series on Epale is scheduled at the end of August with the title:
Critical digital and media literacy
Digital skills and competences are today increasingly seen as a significant part of basic skills. There are a number of initiatives that aim at conceptualising and defining digital skills and competences. In many cases, however, and especially at policy level, critical thinking and reflection on digital content do not receive the attention that would be necessary to safely guide European citizens through current challenges.
In the discussion we invite participants to share their experiences and good practices answering the following questions:
- To what extent is the use of critical information and media literacy present in the current provision of digital skills in your country?
- To what extent are policy makers and other basic skills stakeholders aware of the need to develop critical media literacy among adults with low levels of qualifications?
- What do you think the most important challenges when teaching critical information and media literacy?
- How would you describe the most important factots that constitute a functional level of media literacy?
- Can you describe any initiatives in your professional network that address critical information or media literacy in the realm of digital skills and competence development?
The discussion will be moderated by Graciela Sbertoli, Secretary General of EBSN. It is starting on 28 August (Wednesday) 12:00 CET and will be concluded on 29 August (Thursday) 17:00 CET.
We encourage all NSS members to spread the news of the online discussion in their professional network. To take part in the discussion, please follow the link: