The Westminster Education Forum will be holding the policy conference on ‘improving provision for care leavers’ in London on Thursday 9th January 2020. The main aims of the event are to consider appropriate steps for improving provision for care leavers, introduce the Care Leaver Covenant, consider the implementation of local offers and funding opportunities, and to inspect the standard of existing support for care leavers.
Date: Thursday 9 January 2020
Location: Central London - tba
Ticket price: £230+ VAT
The agenda details a range of sessions focusing on policy and funding, as well as current progress in care leaver provision and case studies on improving outcomes for care leavers. The event will attract high-profile keynote speakers, including:
- Mark Riddell – National Implementation Adviser for Care Leavers, Department for Education
- Toby North – Senior Public Affairs Officer for The Children’s Society
- Ann James – Director of Children and Families for Bristol City Council
- Steve McCabe MP – Chair of the All-party Parliamentary Group for Looked After Children and Care Leavers
- Sean Cudmore – Deputy Editor for the Westminster Education Forum
Refreshments will be available during registration and there will be a coffee break partway through the event. The booking includes one ticket with delegate materials and refreshments. Delegates will also receive a copy of the briefing document, with transcripts of the speeches, question and answer sessions and any extra articles submitted by attendees – these will be distributed roughly 12 days after the event.
Bookings should be made on the Westminster Education Forum website.