We would be interested to take part in the projects connected with the cultural heritage. Idrija 2020 is an association from Idrija, Slovenia with a focus on awareness of the cultural heritage and social entrepreneurship in the local community. We would be interested to take part in Strategic Partnership (KA204) projects.
Since the formation, we have:
- initiated and co-created an award-winning youth centre and a youth hostel (today a separate organisation with 9 young employees)
- prepared the official municipal youth strategy, shaped several youth policies (from participation to housing)
- initiated the formation of a startup community and a new coworking space (today led by local businesses)
- created a heritage-inspired luxury jewellery brand (today a separate business)
- published an award-winning youth magazine made by local youth
- written an award-winning vision and a strategy for the town in the 21st century (that inspired the official municipal strategy)
- organised numerous community-building events on citizen heritage and
- helped in the transformation of a traditional local dish festival into a popular and creative culinary event (today a separate team).
Our activities have significantly contributed to the development of Idrija into a youth-friendly municipality. In 2014, the President of the Republic of Slovenia awarded Idrija the “Youth-Friendly Municipality Certificate”, while in 2018, Idrija’s official development strategy put youth retention and attraction as the top priority of local administration for the next 5 years.
Our activities are increasingly shifting from traditional youth (policies) advocacy to (social) business development and entrepreneurial support and urban consultancy. Association has 25 members, which are active in different areas – design, urban planning, architecture, tourism, international relations, storytelling and gamification of the touristic experience.
In 2018, Idrija 2020 participated in EU Social Innovation Competition and won the competition on the theme Re:Think Local with the concept for HeritageLab – a specialized incubation programme for young people that polish “unpolished diamonds” of local cultural heritage.
A vision to take the heritage innovation one step further led to the establishment of the ID20 Institute, which is focused on intertwinement between cultural heritage, marketing, entrepreneurship and architecture.
We're active in the Erasmus+ KA2 project COMM.ON HERITAGE, where the primary goal is to design and test innovative intervention methodology, aimed at improving the competences of community managers promoting local heritage-based and inclusive development in vulnerable, rural areas.
In 2020, we plan to start a pilot heritage lab in Idrija, in which we will connect young people, who want to work in the heritage sector, with local heritage institutions and business mentors. Our program will help them develop new business ideas, which will enrich the local community and bring new value to the heritage.
We're searching for the partners, who are interested in:
- cultural heritage awareness and community building, - social innovation business development
- capacity building (skills, knowledge, competences)
- environmental solutions for built heritage
- new opportunities for young people in the local area, based on cultural heritage
- adult education in the field of cultural heritage
- fostering fundraising activities
- education activities in cultural heritage with STEAM approach and methods
- sustainable tourism
- gamification and digital transformation of tourism
- fostering transversal skills combining cultural heritage and CCI
- developing youth policies in rural areas