GREECE iDance, support innovative practices in inclusive dance education
#ErasmusDays2019, the EPALE teams wished to raise awareness about the European Union commitment in adult lifelong learning. They created a digital exhibition with 28 different projects, demonstrating the variety of practices across Europe.
Picture © skanes dansteater
The project intended to develop, test, adapt, exchange and adopt innovative practices relating to inclusive dance training for adults with and without disabilities. The partnership developed new pedagogical approaches and particular e-learning tools and open educational resources which are supported from an on-line collaborative platform where adults/amateur dancers, professional dancers and teachers with and without disabilities are able to learn, teach and evaluate the expected learning outcomes.
The four partnering institutions devoted their efforts to:
1. offer transnational learning opportunities for disabled adults and dance educators2. address the need to support disabled people as artistic leaders
3. introduce more attractive education and training programmes, in line with individual needs and expectations4. respond to the demand for practical professional skills development toolkits
5. use participatory approaches and ICT based methodologies6. introduce a major web resource for professional skills development and promotion of European disabled dancers
7. build on the experience of previous programmes and initiatives8. work with a broader range of arts Educators, including more nationally significant organisations in the field of dance
NAME OF THE PROJECT
iDance - support innovative practices in inclusive dance education
• To review the practice around barriers to dance training for disabled people
• To put forward practical recommendations for overcoming these challenges by proposing a framework for talent development and training.
Disabled and non-disabled people and the dance community
ORGANISATION AND PARTNERS
• GREECE: Ariona Hellas AE• UNITED KINGDOM: Stopgap Dance Company• SWEDEN: Skånes Dansteater AB• NETHERLANDS: Stichting Holland Dance Festival
National Support Services GREECE
State Scholarships Foundation (IKY)
Read more about the exhibition process and find the table of contents with all the projects : https://epale.ec.europa.eu/en/blog/erasmusdays2019-digital-exhibition