You are invited to join EPALE UK in Birmingham for their third Annual Conference on 15 November 2018.
“Celebrating Adult Learning: Bringing the EPALE Community Together” is a free event that will highlight EPALE’s impact throughout England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It will be a great opportunity to network and meet UK organisations, institutions and individuals in the adult education sector.
This year’s keynote speaker will be Sir Alan Tuckett, OBE who is Professor of Education at the University of Wolverhampton, an Honorary Fellow of the UNESCO Institute of Lifelong Learning, and Past President of the International Council for Lifelong learning.
The programme will cover a wide range of workshops:
- Partnerships: Exploring the benefits to projects of working in partnership with others - Alison McLachlan (EMC Learn)
- Capitalising Cultural Assets to Empower Communities - Martin Clark (Grampus Heritage and Training Limited)
- Enhancing Education and Life Outcomes through Sport in Prison - Jamie Grundy (Prison Education Specialist) and Justin Coleman (Alliance of Sport)
- Family Learning – RCTs and Transatlantic Inspiration! - Susannah Chambers (International Education Strategist)
- Family Learning for the 21st Century: Grow Together – Learn Together - Margaret Keane (WEA)
- EPALE Case Study - Dr Brian Caul (CRAICNI)
- The impact of adult learning: implications for adult educators - Mark Ravenhall and Dr Helen Plant (Learning and Work Institute)
- unionlearn and the National Retraining Scheme - Matthew Pointon (unionlearn)
- Out of Your Box: Tackling Terminology in European Policy Tools and Frameworks - Paul Guest (ECVET)
- Digital Skills for free - Kerensa Jennings (Office of HRH The Duke of York, KG)
- Out for good - engagement of learners wit additional barriers - Berta Heffernan (Leicester Adult Skills & Learning Service)
You can find more information on the full programme and register for the conference on the event page.