PERMIND is an innovative eLearning platform www.permind.eu (link is external) addressed to the professionals working for people with psychic discomfort to learn how to create a therapeutic garden following the principles of the permaculture. A didactic mobile app supports the learning process by empowering the trainees, thus following the co-production theory. Permaculture is a system of agricultural and social design principles centered on simulating the patterns and features observed in natural ecosystems. It is based on care of land, care of people and fare share. Digital and social skills like team working, commitment, communication, self-confidence, resilience, responsibility, etc. will be trained during a one-year pilot course using permaculture as an eco-therapy to reach their own personal recovery plan.
Stigma is one of the barriers that people with mental illness has to overcome every day. Selling the ecological vegetables grown, picking-up organic wastes from neighbors, promoting permacultural cooperatives, etc. is a way to approach the general society and provoke a positive mental change in Europe regarding environmental and social issues.
1. Development of a technical curriculum to establish a permaculture orchard considering the learning needs of the people with mental illness.
2. Establishment of several permaculture gardens in Spain, Slovenia, Greece and Sweden, being a meeting point for building learning and open-knowledge communities.
3. Development of key competences of the people with psychic discomfort to improve their quality of life and their employment opportunities.
4. Providing people suffering from mental health challenges with a relaxing activity in direct contact with the patterns of nature, where they feel comfortable, increase their self-esteem and start thinking in their future, planning their own project of life in a slow way (green care).
5. Creation and maintaining of a didactic app and eLearning platform, being both open educational resources where all the didactic materials will be available for free.
6. Promoting of the entrepreneurship capacity by creating a Virtual European Mix Cooperative (green entrepreneurship).
7. Fighting against the stigma and stereotypes related to mental illness, approaching people with mental illness to their neighbourhood and promoting a mental change at European level.