4 Elements In Arts: the potential of creative thinking, art and creativity to address the alienation of people with special needs involved in lifelong learning.
Following the success of the 4 Elements project, which aims to improve foreign language acquisition and intercultural competencies of adults through e-learning. The 4 Elements in Arts project proposes a further step by further exploring the potential of the 4 Elements, but this time with a focus on art, creativity and creative thinking.
PRESENTATION OF THE PROJECT
The 4 Elements project found that the scope of adult learners with special needs participating in non-formal and informal foreign language training was insufficient. For this reason, the 4 Elements In Arts project aims to raise awareness and appreciation of the potential of creative thinking, art and creativity to combat the alienation of people with special needs who participate in lifelong learning.
THE PROJECT'S OBJECTIVES
- To introduce learners to the myths, legends and stories related to the four elements and how they are communicated in the fine arts;
- To contribute to the construction of a European consciousness and identity by disclosing communicative elements of one's culture;
- To contribute to the development of visual literacy in the training of adults, the training of people with specific needs and abilities (dyslexics, hearing impaired, etc.);
- To teach learners to be creative and develop their ability to ask questions and make connections,
- 56 artworks collected, analyzed and described
- 7 descriptions of artworks in English adapted into Braille
- 28 lesson plans prepared in English
- 20 sign language videos prepared
- Database containing at least 70 English resources
This partnership of 7 organizations from Belgium, Latvia, France, Greece, Italy, Slovenia and Spain active in the field of education, training and social inclusion is determined to develop a project to train trainers working with adult learners in order to equip them with the skills and competences, including language and digital skills, needed in today's European labour market.
Follow us for more information about the projet: Facebook I Instagram