Education Scotland has published the professional development framework for Scotland's adult literacies workforce. This is part of the implementation of the Scottish Government’s ten-year strategy for raising the literacies levels of Scotland’s adults.
The framework is for:
- current adult literacies practitioners
- those aspiring to become adult literacies practitioners
- those who work in linked fields, such as youth work, who wish to integrate support for literacies development into their work
- those involved in designing, approving, accrediting or validating adult literacies practitioners’ qualifications
- those who train adult literacies practitioners
- those who provide opportunities for continuing professional development for the adult literacies workforce
- those who are responsible for the quality of adult literacies programmes
- employers of adult literacies practitioners
- members of other professions who work closely with adult literacies practitioners and
- the general public.
The framework can be used to identify entry routes into roles, development and specialisation within roles, and progression from one role into another.