Careers Wales – Job Matching Quiz
A job matching quiz for adults is provided on the Careers Wales website. The quiz asks the user questions that then matches them to over 700 different types of job, as well as providing them with career opportunities that are specifically suited to them. Explanations for matches are also given, so users have complete clarity as to why certain job types and career advice are given.
Users can also search for different higher education courses delivered across the UK to enable them to build further skills and move into industries they are interested in working in. The quiz also links up with live job vacancies, enabling users to apply for real positions once they have considered their options.
Careers Wales recognises that choosing a career path is a big decision for all citizens and enabling them to access the right information that will guide them to the right path is essential. Career development affects everything from level of wage or salary to where you will have to live in the future. Careers Wales aims to ensure that everyone is informed about career opportunities, empowering the workforce of today and tomorrow.
The jobs matching quiz will be of use to anyone living and working in Wales, although people from the rest of the UK may also find it of use. There is also a jobs quiz for young people.
You might also be interested in:
- How about a Personal Learning Account, but not as you know it? (blog) - EPALE UK Ambassador Christophe Wells discusses this workshop at the Upskilling Pathways Conference 2019 and explores the benefits of the Personal Learning Account initiative in Wales
- Friday the 13th (blog) - Dafydd Rhys calls for greater lifelong learning opportunities and considers the current situation with adult learning and workforce development in Wales
- Plaid Cymru’s Care Commission report on social care in Wales (resource) - The Care Commission set up by Plaid Cymru has released a report on social care in Wales, recommending that social care be made free at the point of need as is the case with health care, as well as many other progressive recommendations
- WCVA launches Sustainable Funding for the Third Sector report (resource) - describes the need for innovative and creative thinking around the subject of funding in Wales and offers practical tips for maintaining growth
- A Permanent National Necessity… Adult Education and Lifelong Learning for 21st Century Britain (resource) - a century after the publication of the 1919 adult education report, the Centenary Commission was formed to carry out a programme of activities and to compile a new report that aims to address current issues with adult learning funding and provision