The advent of digital media is producing important transformations in people’s everyday life, both at the sociocultural and psycho-cognitive level. We need to redefine the ways in which media have been usually used in schools and in educational contexts. It’s necessary to improve technical skills and also generate critical-creative abilities. Teenagers can understand the social implications and functions of the media, and interact with them in a responsible way.Media literacy education course offers teachers and educators self-directed tools that can be employed in everyday teaching (topics: citizen journalism, online fake news, risks and opportunities of digital media and online communication).
• Analyzing a personal use of digital media
• Promoting critical views on digital media
• Creating and applying activities of digital education (toolkit)
• Developing digital skills for teenagers and students
• How to evaluate digital education activities