This 5-day training programme aims to introduce teams to Creative Thinking, Innovation and Business Model Development.
Participants will be introduced to a number of tools like mapping ideas, environmental stimuli, business models, and benchmarking.
Participants will look at a "three-stage work-flow" from idea generation, through to validating the idea, and testing.
Through using a number of creative thinking techniques participants will receive practical examples of how ideas move from conception to reality.
- Idea generation– divergent and convergent thinking
- Identifying new ideas and their critical validation.
- Developing a specific set of criteria to test ideas based on the desired outcomes.
- Idea validation – how the generated ideas fit the specified criteria.
- Setting measurement techniques depending on the stated outcomes and accepted tolerances to identify success or failure.
- Further investigation of testing methodologies.
- Testing the idea – determining the viability of the ideas.
- Learning how to test ideas quickly through small, fast experiments without drowning in a sea of data but addressing the problem / solution fit, scale, market and cost.
- Learning how to adapt or modify ideas.
Through practical exercises, field trips and workshops in different environmental situations participants will experience how factors that can and cannot be controlled affect the ideation and testing phase.
- Course Overview & Introduction – Models and ideation techniques.
- Idea generation – Divergent Thinking techniques – using different environments and stimuli to generate ideas.
- Ideas validation – Convergent Thinking techniques – defining a set of metrics to use to refine the ideas and to develop 1 – 2 ideas to take forward to testing.
- Ideas testing – Real World testing workshops – using parts of the lean & business model canvas to test the ideas.
- Pitching and Presenting Skills – Learning how to pitch and present your ideas and receive feedback.