This 5 week course is designed to help anyone teaching or supporting learning in the vocational education and training sector understand the benefits of blended learning and how to use technology effectively to support learners.
Supported by a group of Digital Champions, you will connect with teaching and training professionals who understand the practical challenges of using blended learning. You will be aware of the importance of being able to blend digital methods into your teaching. These methods will help your learners become familiar with the digital workplaces they will be joining.
What topics covered include:
- Definitions of blended learning.
- The impact of digital technology on teachers and learners.
- Pedagogical theories and teaching approaches that underpin blended learning, including constructivism, social constructivism, and problem-based learning.
- Digital technologies available to support blended learning in formal and informal learning scenarios.
- The role of Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) and how to use them effectively for blended learning.
- Open educational resources (OERs): what they are, how they can be used, and where to find them.