Context of the conference
The socio-economic and educational challenges related to e-Learning for adults and young adults are significant in view of the increasing social demand for training and qualification, the deployment of public policies and private training initiatives throughout life at the national, European and international levels.
The knowledge produced by research on the e-training of these publics constitute theoretical and conceptual resources on the scientific level, as well as decision aids for the engineering of devices integrating the digital technologies and services ( e-learning ,blended- learning , Mooc , serious game , e-portfolio , etc.).
The symposium aims to pool, in a transdisciplinary logic, the results of this research while giving room for feedback from e-Training projects implemented by practitioners (private and public sector).
Thus, the conference is not only an area of scientific valorization, but also a place for dialogue between domain research and the engineering of innovative e-Training devices whether in companies, training organizations, local authorities or still in higher education.
As for the 1st edition in 2015, it is organized by the internal Trigone team , specialized in research in adult education, of the CIREL laboratory (Interuniversity Center of Research in Education of Lille).
The conference aims more specifically at:
- mobilize researchers in the field and thus contribute to the emergence of an international scientific community related to the theme of the conference;
- participate in the development of an interdisciplinary dynamic of research in e-Training; this field is invested at the same time by the sciences of education, psychology, sociology, informatics or the sciences of information and communication;
- pool and capitalize the results of e-learning research work for adults and young adults;
- Encourage the meeting and the mutual enrichment between the research and the professional field of the field, by proposing at the same time scientific communications / symposia and "feedbacks" type communications;
- promote e-training projects carried out by practitioners from the private sector, local authorities or associations (training managers, training engineers, pedagogical engineers, consultants, etc.) in "feedback" type presentations ";
- promote e-learning projects conducted in higher education institutions by non-specialized research professors in e-learning, educational consultants or multimedia instructional engineers;
- support the work conducted by young researchers in the field (doctoral students, post-docs, recent PhDs) through the implementation of a competition awarding a prize.
Theme of the conference
The symposium brings together researchers and practitioners in the field of e- learning for adults and young adults around the theme " learning and digital devices " .
These devices may be of configurations e-learning , blended learning , moocs , serious-game , e-portfolio or hybridizations of two or more of these configurations.
The theme of the conference is treated according to three levels of analysis and formalization:
- the "micro" level : it focuses on the individual and / or collective dynamics at work in the use by learners themselves (adults and young adults) of digital training devices, in the construction of mediated personal environments learning. These dynamics can be seen from the motivational angle (project, choice, commitment, persistence, etc.), metacognitive (strategies, behaviors, self-regulation, etc.), biographical (personal and professional history, training path, etc.) or relational ( collaboration / cooperation, between-help, etc.).
- the "meso" level : it refers to the instrumental, technical-pedagogical or socio-pedagogical characteristics of digital training devices related to adult (and young adult) learning, including the motivational, metacognitive, biographical, social dynamics of the latter or the development of skills and competences, both at the individual and collective levels.
- the "macro" level : it focuses on the political, socio-economic and / or institutional issues and contexts as well as the obstacles and resources related to the development of e-learning for adults (and young adults) in companies, training organizations or higher education institutions, particularly with regard to the establishment, deployment and evaluation of digital training devices, the professionalization of educational actors and stakeholders in the field (training management, training managers, training engineers, pedagogical engineers, educational consultants, teacher - researchers, etc).