The awards during the previous European Vocational Skills Weeks were one of the real highlights. The fourth European Vocational Skills Week will once again include a Nominees Awards Celebration event. The event will be held in Helsinki on 17 October in the presence of Marianne Thyssen, European Commissioner for Employment, Social Affairs, Skills and Labour Mobility.
The award-giving encompasses the following:
- Recognises excellence;
- Provides visibility and recognition for good work done;
- Motivates those taking part, whether individuals or organisations;
- Enables the building of networks and new career opportunities;
- Enables the winners to become ambassadors in their field of expertise;
- Reaches out to citizens through online voting.