CitizensACT is an established non-for-profit organization based in Nicosia, Cyprus that aims to promote active citizenship among all citizens regardless of their age, gender, color, religion, ethnicity, language or abilities.
Our main mission is to motivate and engage all citizens through various types of activities (educational, cultural, environmental, digital, social etc.) in order to improve their competences, upgrade the quality of their life and contribute to the sustainable development of their community or region while accepting the diversity and multi-culturalism nature of the European setting.
Our fields of work are: • ENVIRONMENTAL – CLIMATE CHANGE - SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT • CULTURE AND THE ARTS • EMPLOYABILITY • INTER-GENERATIONAL LEARNING • WELL-BEING, HEALTH AND SPORT
Within the Erasmus+ programme our organization is interested to be part in E+ projects (Youth, School, VET and Adult education sector) which are focused in:
• Increasing sense of initiative and entrepreneurship, competence in foreign languages, level of digital competence, levels of skills for employability and new business creation (including social entrepreneurship), opportunities for professional development, motivation and satisfaction in daily work, practice of sport and physical activity
• Promoting Green Skills: "technical skills, knowledge, values and attitudes needed to develop and support sustainable social, economic and environmental outcomes for the community"
• Providing a better understanding and responsiveness to all kinds of diversity, e.g. social, ethnic, linguistic, gender and cultural diversity as well as diverse abilities;
• Upgrading the provision of Lifelong Learning opportunities for Adults-Active Ageing and Inter-generational learning
• Promoting more positive attitude towards the European project and the EU values;
• Providing better understanding and recognition of skills and qualifications in Europe and beyond;
• Improving competences of youth workers, adult educators, teachers, professionals etc.
• Providing better understanding of practices, policies and systems in education, training, youth and sport across EU countries;
• Promoting Non-formal education as an integral part of a lifelong learning concept that ensures that young people and adults acquire and maintain their skills;
CitizensACT is open to any cooperation with other organizations that share mutual values and ideas.