Our aim is to develop both theoretical and practical aspects of interactive and communicative teaching of language, while paying particular attention to the use of different materials and resources for various types of lessons. Participants take part in daily seminars, demonstrations and workshops, while also having the chance to explore the tropical island of Tenerife through different leisure activities and group excursions.
The key aspects of this course focus on the role grammar plays in the language classroom; communicative approaches and the gamification in a ELE classroom; teaching lexical collocation and a CLIL class; the use of cultural components in the ELE classroom (i.e. cinema and images) as well as real-time observations of our classes. Participants will then have the chance to discuss other challenges they face when teaching Spanish classes as they become informed on best practices used by native-speaking teachers.
What should you expect?
- Duration of the course: One week
- Pre-requisite: Level B2 Spanish proficiency
- Group size: 4 to 10 participants
- 30 lessons offering language, didactic and methodology teacher training
- 5 cultural program activities
- Access to digital course material
- Learn how to address specific grammar problems in the classroom including conflicting uses of the subjunctive, past tenses, and verbs ser and estar
- Participant certification upon course completion
- Updated knowledge surrounding the different levels and aspects of foreign language teaching
- Advance methodology, classroom management and practical teaching techniques
- Discuss and reflect on teaching from the point of view of different educational realities of teaching highlighting requirements regarding educational and foreign language necessities
- Propose different approaches for the development and use of methods and teaching resources
- Increased Spanish proficiency
- Provide on-going, necessary resources to help stay up-to-date on new experiences and learning materials
- Present Spanish and Canarian culture by way of traditional outfits, gastronomy and cultural celebrations