Concerning the field of Adult Education with the specific target of migrants, European countries seem not to have many educational tools to be used in school contexts. Teachers and educators from all around Europe express the need to share common methodologies and common work instruments to guarantee a democratic access to education for refugees and in general for all people coming in our countries. These work instruments should be developed considering cultural diversity, different approaches to education, the variety of needs and backgrounds of our trainees, the different national educational system of European countries.
Through this strategic partnership we want to create common tools, to face the lack of a shared methodology in the education of adult migrant. The team work should be made of teachers and educators working with this target group, and organizations active in the same field and with strong experience in European project management.
The main objectives of our project proposal are:
- To strengthen educational pathways and to empower adult learners (migrant population);
- To promote the updating, cooperation and development of innovative practices among teachers, institutions, educators and organizations working in the field of adult education.
The objectives will produce the following intellectual output:
1. Comparative research about Adult Education systems at European level (referring to partner countries), with a specific focus on adult migrants;
2. Tools for learners’ competence and skills balance and certification;
3. Didactic tools for teachers and educators on basic skills to be acquired by the migrant adult learners.
4. E-learning tools: video lessons prepared by adult learners for adult learners (peer education), on topics relevant for the project: European policy on migrant issue, human rights, cultural diversity, etc.
5. European platform where all these tools will be freely available for teachers, educators and learners.
Training activities will be organized for teachers and educators during short-term transnational meetings:
1. Training on intercultural andragogy and on adult education in Europe;
2. Training on the European platform developed.
Following the Erasmus Plus programme priorities, the project meets the horizontal priorities:
- Social inclusion: priority will be given to actions that promote - in particular through innovative integrated approaches - inclusion, diversity, equality, gender - balance and non - discrimination in education, training and youth activities. The Programme will support projects that aim to: 1) foster the development of social, civic, intercultural competences, media literacy and critical thinking, also combating discrimination, segregation, racism, bullying and violence; 2) enhance the access, participation and learning performance of disadvantaged learners, reducing disparities in learning out-comes
- Open and innovative practices, in a digital era: priority will be given to actions that promote innovative methods and pedagogies, participatory governance where appropriate, develop learning materials and tools as well as actions that support the effective use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) in education, training and youth. This includes supporting synergies with research and innovation activities and promoting new technologies as drivers of improvements in education, training and youth policies.
And the following field-specific priorities concerning Adult Education:
- Improving and extending the supply of high quality learning opportunities tailored to the needs of individual low-skilled or low-qualified adults so they acquire literacy, numeracy or digital skills, including through the validation of skills acquired through informal and non-formal learning;
- Extending and developing educators' competences, particularly in the effective teaching of literacy, numeracy and digital skills to low-skilled or low-qualified adults, including through the effective use of ICT.
- 3 institutions operating with adult education
- 3 organizations involved in activities related to adult education
- 1 University department
The project partners will belong to countries whose immigration rate is relevant.