We are looking for partners to prepare an international project ERASMUS+, Action 2, Strategic Partnerships for adult education.
PROJECT: Preparation of innovative results – tools supporting English teachers working with adults in the teaching process.
DEADLINE: 29.03.2017, 12:00
EURO-FORUM is a language school with several years of experience. We attach great importance to high quality of courses offered at our school. We were the first in the region to place the accent on the use of multimedia and modern technologies. All of our classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards, multimedia projectors and our teachers are willing to use electronic versions of coursebooks and the Internet in classes. The youngest students have an access to our original e-learning platform www.zdobywcywiedzy.pl which offers several thousand exercises with a varied level of difficulty. We are currently implementing a project “Creation of an innovative interactive Quizer platform as a result of scientific-research studies”, aimed at creating the INTERACTIVE COURSES WIZARD with features that have been inaccessible on the market so far (including multiplayer mode, monitoring a user’s activity). We have conducted several dozen training projects financed from The European Union funds, including funds from Erasmus + programme.
The project assumes employing the Kolb effective learning cycle (experience, reflection, knowledge, use) as a universal method of designing effective teaching process modules. The key assumption is to use 4 learning styles (activator, contemplative, pragmatist, theorist) as a starting point for the individual approach to an adult learner. The project assumes the use of modern technologies.
The products will be worked on by an international interdisciplinary team of experts (2-3 people from each country, 8-10 people in total), including, among others, an instructional techniques specialist, a teaching methodologist, an andragogy expert, a psychologist, experienced English teachers, an e-learning techniques and modern technologies specialist.
Within the framework of the project a series of pilot trainings will be provided: An International School of Language Teachers. In the workshops the international group of English teachers (8 from each country, 24 people in total) will test the developed products, acquire how to use them practically and then use them in classes with adult students. The final effect will be the feedback which allows the introduction of corrections and improvements before making the products popularized.
RESULTS OF INTELLECTUAL WORK:
- E-book (Book of Training Arts): teacher’s book including the description of methods and tools which help to determine the learning style represented by a given adult student.
- Lesson scenarios including exercises and multimedia for students (quizzes, interactive exercises, etc.) ready to be used. The scenarios will be based on the specific, universal subject modules (e.g. holidays, shopping, cooking, dreams&future, etc.).
- Multimedia for teachers: presentations, video tutorials, an Internet platform for teachers
EXPECTATIONS TOWARDS PARTNERS:
- At the stage of preparing an application:
- carrying out on-line questionnaires among English teachers in their countries;
- preparing a description of company potential attached to the application form.
- At the stage of carrying out the project:
- choosing experts to work on results (2-3 people);
- recruitment of a steering group to take part in international workshops – English teachers working with adults (8 people);
- Participation in all international meetings planned within the project.
ul. Graniczna 4/7,8
tel. 0048 81 534 95 72