The Skills Highway workplace literacy programme is funded by the Tertiary Education Commission (TEC) and managed by the Industry Training Federation in New Zealand. Skills Highway initiatives include:
- developing good practice strategies for introducing and maintaining literacy and numeracy programmes in the workplace
- acknowledging employers who have successfully introduced workplace literacy and numeracy training through the Skills Highway Award
- promoting the Workplace Literacy and Numeracy Fund for employers
- supporting employees to improve their literacy and numeracy skills.
In cooperation with the TEC and New Zealand Council for Education Research (NZCER) to offer some extra support for effective use of the „Literacy and Numeracy for Adults Assessment Tool” (LNAAT) in the workplace setting, a webinar has been developed and realised, which is now available on the Skills Highway website. The webinar covers:
- An introduction to the use of the Literacy and Numeracy for Adults Assessment Tool (more on LNAAT: http://www.literacyandnumeracyforadults.com/resources/355041) in a workplace setting
- Engaging learners (and employers) in the process
- The importance of groups in the LNAAT
- Reports - Gain
- Reports - Data and more data
- How can I use this data?
- LNAAT enhancements - what’s new!