Strategic Engagement for for Gender Equality - 2016 / 2019
Promoting gender equality is a core activity for the EU: equality between women and men is a fundamental EU value, an EU objective and a driver for economic growth. The Union shall aim to promote equality between men and women in all its activities.
The Commission’s 2010-2015 strategy for equality between women and men5 prioritised five key areas for action:
‣ equal economic independence for women and men;
‣ equal pay for work of equal value;
‣ equality in decision-making;
‣ dignity, integrity and ending gender-based violence; and
‣ promoting gender equality beyond the EU