In September 2015 the EUPA NEXT - Validation of formal, non-formal and informal learning: The case study of Administration Personnel international project started. Its partner from Slovakia is the National Lifelong Learning Institute. The project will end in September 2018.
Aim of the project
EUPA_NEXT focuses on the validation of non-formal (NFL) & informal learning (IL) & its permeability with formal education pathways through the use of a formal accreditation system (ISO). It aims to develop a methodology for certification of non-formal & informal learning of non-regulated professions & at the same time to develop an EU certificate for administration personnel.
The sector of administration personnel is used AS A CASE STUDY for following reasons:
The HRDA (HR Daily Advisor) research on the employment forecasting 2010-2020 demonstrates that Administration and & Support services are the fourth sector with the greatest average yearly increase. This sector is easily accessible and very attractive to unemployed women. Administration personnel are employed by all companies and organizations in EU regardless of size or industry. Therefore, its role is vital.
This important sector is NON-REGULATED. Administrators may be secondary school graduates or may have a college diploma in various fields. All administration personnel, even if they do not have (or do not have relevant) academic qualifications, need to be able to validate their knowledge, skills and competences in order to move from one job to another or from one country to another. Often it is the case that these people progress (career wise) as they develop more skills and competences from administration personnel, to executive secretary, personal assistant or even office manager. Again, they should be able to validate their knowledge, skills and competences in different levels.
EUPA_NEXT focuses on 2 priorities
- Developing short-cycle post-secondary qualifications in accordance with the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) – EUPA NEXT adds value at the sectoral level through the development of an EQF based qualification (4 levels) for the sector of administration personnel. This qualification is ISO certified.
- Facilitating the validation of NFL and IL and its permeability with formal education pathways through the use of a formal accreditation system (ISO). Using this certification people without academic credentials or experience may be certified based on what they know and/or are able to do.
- To develop an EU qualification for administrative personnel.
- To facilitate the understanding of EQF and ECVET (European Credit System for Vocational Education & Training) policies and to explore different methodologies for the assignment of credits.
- To develop a comparative report on the situation of the participating countries in relation to EQF and ECVET.
- To provide an ISO certification for the materials and assessment developed under the EUPA NEXT project (level 2 materials) and to certify with ISO the materials and the assessment for the levels 3, 4, 5. EUPA NEXT is a COMPLETE SOLUTION for administration personnel (in 4 levels).
- To provide flexible pathways to learning and validation (classroom trainings, ebooks, assessment).
- To develop a “how to” practical guide for the validation of FL, NFL and IL for any non-regulated profession.
- To make policy recommendations for an official recognition of the EUPA NEXT project outcomes.
The project is funded with the support of the Erasmus Plus Programme of the European Union: KA2 – COOPERATION FOR INNOVATION AND THE EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTICES, Vocational Education and Training – Strategic Partnerships
Orbis Institute (Slovakia), M.M.C Management Center (Cyprus), Cyprus Chamber Of Commerce And Industry (Cyprus), Dimitra Education & Consulting S.A, (Greece), Cyprus certification Company (Cyprus), European Management Assistants (France), Centro Integrado Público de Formación Profesional Misericordia (Spain), Volkshochschule im Landkreis Cham e.V. (Germany)