Intergenerational Learning to increase social inclusion for senior citizens
This project wants to facilitate the implementation of intergenerational learning as a method apt to increase social inclusion for elderly people in threat of a so called "retirement shock". Our project is directed at two specific target groups: elderly people who have recently entered or are about to enter retirement as a major stage of life, as well as trainers in the field of adult education, preferably experienced with the learning needs of the elderly.
- IO1 will be a in-depth RESEARCH carried out in all partner countries with the aim of gathering best practice examples from intergenerational learning activities focusing on the older generation teaching the younger ones, as well as specific needs of the target group in each partner country.
- In IO2 we will create a SELF-ASSESSMENT/SELF-REFLECTION TOOL, which helps people to raise awareness about their own pool of competences which are valuable for the younger generation.
- In IO3 we will create a DIDACTIC CONCEPT for a mini "training-skills-course” for the target group of early retirees, along with a handbook aimed at adult education centers and adult educators on how to teach and motivate elderly to engage in inter-generational learning settings
- In IO4 we actually create the learning materials according to the elaborated curriculum and make it available with unlimited access to the public on a platform
The following partners are invited to apply:
- Partners with experience in the development of learning platforms / MOOCs/ website solutions in the educational sector
- Adult education centers with experience to our target group of recently retired people (around 65 years).
- Experts in the field of intergenerational learning
- Senior Citizens Association
If you feel addressed by the description –send us a mail in which you briefly describe your organization and tell us why you fit for this project and also which output would be interesting for you and why?
Please write your request to this mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to hearing from you!