In Autumn 2019, colleges across Scotland will be welcoming Digital Ambition Roadshows – students and staff will be asked what they think the future of learning will look like and their responses will be used to develop a digital ambition for Scotland’s college sector. Colleges to be visited include Glasgow, Fife, Forth Valley, Borders and North East Scotland.
The Principal of Dorth Valley College, who is forming part of the group behind the roadshows, gave an interview with the College Development Network and shared his opinion on what learning will look like in the future. In just 10 years’ time, he predicts that we will have ‘intelligent campuses’ – learning is likely to be more engaging, more interactive and more flexible, better supporting the learner and allowing staff to explore different ways of teaching. He also predicts that there will be more focus on the individual learner – something we are already seeing trending with customised programmes and courses across the education sector.
The Digital Ambition Roadshow schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday 29th October 2019 – North East Scotland College
- Wednesday 30th October 2019 – Borders College
- Thursday 31st October 2019 – West College Scotland
- Monday 4th November 2019 – Fife College
- Friday 8th November 2019 – Forth Valley College
- Monday 11th November 2019 – City of Glasgow College