This vocational counselling methodology is based on the careful analysis of the
dynamic of European labour market and also on the trend of population aging process in
Italy, Spain, Cyprus, Greece and Romania.
The counselling program that is presented in this methodology has as a central goal
to make operational the functional remaining potential of older workers 55+ in order to
maintain their employability.
The principles which are on the bases of this counselling program are:
1. Each older worker is unique.
2. Each older worker has his/her own potential. In spite of organic involution/
degradation each older worker 55+ has a remaining functional potential that has to be
3. The sanogenesis principle. Only through activities, an older worker 55+prevents
organic degradation and social segregation.
4. The social utility of each older worker 55+. Each older worker 55+ can and must
play a role in social and community’ life
5. Each older worker 55+ has to benefit from all the human rights.
6. Each older worker 55+ has to benefit from integrated services program
provided for remaining in the labour field.
7. Each older worker 55+has to be considerate an active part of the integrated
services program realized in order to maintain him on labour market.
At the end of the training program, each older worker 55+ will be able to:
know about elements that determine setting career goals from the perspective of
being an older worker 55+;
reveal his/her status of job from current perspectives and from his/her future
reveal the areas that an elderly worker 55+ based on his/ her experience can
self-project in future;
develop objective criteria in assessing the transitional period to retirement;
do an honest analysis of personal resources in order to plan new activities;
develop objective manners to set personal goals for personal development;
practice a constructive communication, playing a number of roles;
foster communication and cooperation between persons in order to achieve a
common increase of functioning of decision making skills
increase time management skills:
increase negotiation skills in a work situation;
increase cooperation in intercultural environments, defeating prejudices that are in
develop the mentoring skills
make an entrepreneurial plan
develop entrepreneurial skills
increase the level of well-being level