Broadening Horizons For Life Erasmus+ UK to Spain mobility project presentation
David Campbell Event Management is a leading sports education, football and coaching organisation that delivers impactful programmes and engages disadvantaged youths. Those limited by social demographic can enjoy life-changing opportunities that allow them to gain industry-recognised qualifications, work experience, skills and confidence. Recently, the company facilitated the Broadening Horizons For Life Erasmus+ mobility project that took learners from the UK to Spain.
The learners gained many cultural insights – did you know that placing a marrow in a trophy is a tradition in the region of Murcia? Or that the amphitheatre in the ancient city of Cartagena has only recently been discovered? And what about the tiles making up the mosaic walkway – did you know that there are over 6 million of them?
The PowerPoint presentation can be used as a resource by educators and their learners who are considering or completing mobility projects of their own to provide inspiration and show the benefits of Erasmus+ projects. It acts as a kind of photo album with descriptions of the events taking place over the course of the trip, providing plenty of images to facilitate meaningful discussion. It may be particularly appealing to those who want to create a project reflection of their own.
The resource is free to download and can be adapted to reflect the user’s own project.
You might also be interested in:
- Dragtivism takes off with LEAP Sports Scotland (blog) - an Erasmus+ case study that discusses a project that encourages young people to explore the role of the drag queen and understand how drag can be used to drive positive attitudes towards the LGBTI+ community
- UK Erasmus+ Interactive Logic Model (resource) - Erasmus+ has produced an interactive logic model to help users to understand the work they do and become familiar with the programme's approach to skills building
- Cultural Awareness Supporting Training for Innovation (CAST4Innovation) (blog) - covers an Erasmus+ project that developed a transnational accredited training programme to help remove barriers to inclusion and develop civic skills
- E+ case study - The Homeless World Cup (blog) - case study that covers an Erasmus+ project that helps homeless people to use football to change their lives in positive ways
- Live Skills - boosting skills and employability in the audiovisual and live perfomance sectors (blog) - discusses a partnership between Belfast Met and the British Council that has resulted in the creation of a programme that helps young professionals to build business management and audiovisual creative skills