In the last decade several studies pointed out the lack of management and leadership training and classes in most of engineering programmes in EU (and worldwide) universities.
The cause of this attitide is the technocratic paradigm of engineering in contemporary society, i.e. that, once the technical part of the project is solved, the project will reach its final goal.
Today, the complexity of engineering projects is increasing due to several phenomena, such as globalization and ITC revolution, so that the effort for managing and leading engineering projects become critical.
We are looking for partners to create a framework of management and leadership skills for engineers, allowing engineers all over EU to fill the gap in that area.
The goal of the project will be to improve management and leadership skills of engineers so that engineering projects are led without (or significantly reducing) delays, cost overrun and stakeholders conflicts.
The areas we would address are:
- Project Management (Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid)
- Operations Management (Lean/Six Sigma)
- Soft Skills (Communications, Leadership, Intercultural Skills, Stakeholder Engagement etc.)
- Sustainability in a 3P (People, Profit, Planet) framework or Triple Bottom Line
- BIM (Building Information Modelling) Management