Our tutors are professional educators speaking Russian and English, as well as other languages.
2-week intensive language course.
The program is designed for foreign students ensuring an individual approach to every student. The educational process is carried out in a friendly and supportive atmosphere, in small groups of 6-12 students. It includes classes in the morning and educational activities and practice in the afternoon, according to the thematic units.
Our thematic units include but are not limited to:
- Culture and Religion (traditions of Old Believers and Orthodox believers, including idiomatic expressions)
- Economy and Current political events (including deals with real estate, taxes)
- Social issues and Health care (including insurance, adoption, social benefits, homelessness)
- Crime, punishment and legislation system (including civil courts, human rights, corruption)
- Science, technology, educational system
- Environmental issues
- The covered material is practiced through argumentative speeches and debates– learning by doing.
- Only authentic materials (access to newspapers and news broadcasts in Russian and from Russia), with emphasis on developing listening and comprehension skills.
- Accommodation in hotels and student dorms in Daugavpils, the second largest city of Latvia. It is located on the border with Russia and Belarus, so most of the population speaks Russian. Being here is a great opportunity of cultural immersion throughout the course and language practice within a Russian-speaking society.