Posoški razvojni center, enota Ljudska univerza Tolmin (Soča Valley Development Centre, department of HR)
We are a small adult education organisation (from Soča valley, West part of Slovenia), a young team of teachers who wish to gain new experiences in adult education. Although we are rather new regarding Erasmus projects, we can offer lots of experience providing adult education. Nevertheless, we feel there is still so much to learn and improve our provision.
Our main goal is to provide formal and informal learning for all people in the region. Whether he or she is a farmer, factory worker or factory manager, young or in his/her golden years.
Participants gain new life important basic skills or professional competences, needed for improving their private or business life.
As a department for human resources, Organizacijska enota Ljudska univerza mostly covers fields, related to the development of individual personal and business life:
- ICT literacy,
- Foreign languages skills,
- General knowledge,
- Quality ageing,
- Social inclusion of vulnerable groups.
We offer different types of courses, lessons, workshops in the field of adult education:
- Different courses for adults who are older than 45 years with none or low education, employed or unemployed.
- Language courses: - English, Italian, German and Russian courses of different levels.
- Coffee chats – an informal way of learning a foreign language.
- ICT courses.
- Multi-generational centre: offering tailor-made programmes and activities for vulnerable groups of all ages to provide support and foster understanding, respect and sharing of experience between generations.
- Study circles: an informal way of learning.
- Consulting and advising regarding career, education, etc.
What are our interests and goals in the mobility project?
- New perspective and methods on teaching adults,
- Knowledge and experiences exchange,
- Basic skills training,
- Good practise study,
- How a learning environment affects the successfulness of the learning process,
- Job shadowing.