Course 2: New Management and Leadership
5 days, ERASMUS+ KA1 Training Course in Chania/Crete:
1. 20-24th of April 2020 in Chania Crete Island,
2. 26-30th, of October 2020 in Thessaloniki, Athens, or Chania/Crete island, depends on the participants’ number, depends on the participants’ number. Minimum participants number 7 & maximum 15
Course Overview: Research and daily practice have shown that organization effectiveness depend on many factors. One of the four factors (plan, organize, lead, control) is leadership. Leadership is the process with which directed and coordinated the human resources work activities. Is necessary the leader have the ability/skills to motivate employees, direct activities, select the most effective communication channels, resolve conflicts among staff member and above them, support innovation, organization liaison with all involved people and entities. His/her roles are many: managerial, interpersonal, informational and decisional, where required extremely important skills as, conceptual, interpersonal, technical, politician. Finally must be referred that, many disciplines in humanities and social sciences affect management in general and in particularly leadership practices. It consists a synthesis of economic, anthropology, philosophy, political, psychology, sociology sciences.
Course Methodology: The course is structured in 5 thematic modules and 32 topics. Each module incorporates current theories of Human resources/leadership, practices, questionnaires and workshops.
for more details: http://www.society-in-progress.eu/index.php
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
1. to negotiate topics like, New public management, Organizational behavior, transactional & transformational leadership.
2. to understand the value of Groups and managing teamwork,
3. the meaning of the Leaders' and leadership's definitions,
4. to cultivate their communication and interpersonal skills,
5. to discuss the challenges that managers face in controlling the workplace,
6. to develop their Active learning skills/feedback/empowerment/conflict management/
In General the participants will understand a leader/manager needed to be equipped from a variety of skills, for example: managerial, interpersonal, informational and decisional, conceptual, technical, politician.
The participants will improve:
their ability to plan, organize, implement, prioritize and control work affairs,
their interpersonal skills learning to hear, discuss, negotiate, resolve conflicts, to
use network communication skills,
their personal and professional profile, revising and developing key competences
and attitudes (leadership/coaching and mentoring, conflict management, effective
communication and collaboration).
Also, they will understand:
how to manage teamwork and Group development,
to judge employees and
how to deal with negative behavior in the workplace.
they will meet and interact with colleagues from different countries, engage in
cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and good practices, gaining
useful theoretical, practical and social knowledge.
Build a professional network for future international cooperation, promoting
mobility and partnerships,
Improve foreign language skills, revising and broadening a professional