Course about MASTERING SILENCE which can be part of your Ka1 project. If you are interested about the topic, you can contact us on email@example.com
The course is for leaders and adult educators inside adult education, who would like to strengthen their leading capacity by integrating silence moments and strategies into their leading and education work. The course is potentially usable also for others who are interested in the topic.
A few rhetorical questions about Silence:
- Why it is so difficult for us to defy silence?
- Why do we often feel uncomfortable being in silence with someone we do not know well?
- When the silence that we produce in being with someone is pleasant, and when does it turn into unpleasant staring?
- How external silence (verbal) correlates with internal silence (mental), if at all?
- Why strengthening humans' silence seems nowadays as very important inside the relation between weakened humanism and growing dataism?
“Silence is a profound melody, for those who can hear it above all the noise.” Socrates
The Course promotes that the phenomenon of silence today needs more comprehensive addressing than ever in history. For the simple reason as modern society functions on audio-visual images of existence through which we percept today's reality. The basic challenge that we face nowadays is, accordingly, how to cope with the ubiquity of this audio-visual reality (especially due to the coming era of dataism) that constantly occupies our minds. That is why we need to stimulate a stronger state of silence elements in our lives.
The phenomenon of silence is ordinarily in reaching physical silence in a particular situation and in about achieving a silent mind. Particularly concerning the latter, all metaphysical spirituality focuses on striving for a silent mind. Many people, therefore, practice different kinds of teachings and exercises to come closer to more intense silence, based on which they hope to increase peacefulness and satisfaction in their professional or personal lives. However, dealing with silence under the spiritual umbrella or some similar trends often appears as not sufficient. We need a more strategic approaching to the broader complexity of the silence if we want to use it in enriching our lives.
About the mastering silence, it is more essential to understand the philosophy of the mind process, when it comes to the presence of silence. The deepening into a silence, therefore, requires a rethinking of the question 'Who am I as this entity' who wants a silent mind. Mastering silence with such perspective is more straightforward, based on which we do not need to perform several kinds of mental and body exercises, but we primarily focus on the revealing of 'who' triggers aspiration for silence.
Day 1: Physical level - Silence as attendance in the common situation
- Clarifying the relation between time and space in the light of physical and virtual reality
- The paradox of being in present state in the light of silence
- Reflecting the relation between our body and mind
Day 2: Communication level - Silence in the light of the diminishing of verbal communication
- Discovering of the levers for constant and often unnecessary communication
- Reflecting the communication process between unpleasant and pleasant silence
- Creating conditions for producing of pleasant silence
Day 3: Behavioural level - Silence in the light of the observing of non-verbal communication
- Illuminating the contradiction between self-evident and rare communication
- Observing own behavior that bases on not-verbal communication
- Building self-knowledge through identifying mind and emotional state
Day 4: Thinking level - Silence in the light of the disclosure of the thinking process
- Detecting how our mind is constantly pre-defined and framed
- The paradox of being in a state without thoughts
- Triggering of the insightful type of thinking
Day 5: Identity level - Silence in the light of the rethinking our identity as the image of ourselves
- (Re)vision and strengthening of identity compass
- Rethinking identity in the light of the relation between humanistic and data society
- Discovering alternative identity pillar as today the traditional pillars of powers (myths, culture, religion, national states, various national institutions) are losing their identity role
- The first objective is to educate participants about the complexity of silence which operates on many levels
- The second objective is to strengthen participants’ awareness about the central principle that needs consideration in confronting silence in all its complexity
- The third objective is to offer a learning environment, through which participants will be in a position to strengthen their capability of being more silent on many levels.
Location and date of the implementation:
- 6-10 of April 2020, Ljubljana, Slovenia
- 21-25 of September 2020, Ljubljana, Slovenia
It is possible that additional date of the Course is agreed together with those who will apply for KA1 project; within period 2020-2021.
The seminar includes elements of education, working exercises, reflective approaches and discussions.
Group of participants:
The group supposes not to exceed 10 participants.
It is in line with costs that are outlined for KA1 projects under Erasmus+ guidelines.