This section provides a range of workshops and handouts which suggest some practical approaches to the teaching of the topics covered in the workshops.
- Addition and Multiplication A
- Addition and Multiplication B
- Subtraction and Division A
- Subtraction and Division B
- Parts of the Whole
- Shape, Space and Measurement
By the end of the section, participants will:
- develop mathematical insights and conceptual understanding
- acquire some practical approaches which will be helpful in the teaching of the topics covered in the workshops
Concrete resources; Diennes apparatus, rulers, tape measures, metre rule, scales, jugs, calculators, fraction tiles, etc. according to particular workshops.
Developed by National Institute for Adult and Continuing Education (NIACE) by commission from Learning Connections