This Briefing Paper provides statistics on apprenticeships in England.
In the 2013/14 academic year:
- There were 440,000 apprenticeship starts in England, 70,000 fewer than the previous year.
- The number of starts by people aged 25 and over fell by 69,000 compared with the previous year.
- The number of starts by people aged 24 and under was about the same as in 2012/13.
- The majority of apprenticeships were in the service sectors. Almost three quarters of starts were in three sectors: business, administration & law; health, public services & care and retail & commercial enterprise.
- 53% of apprenticeships started were by women (233,000) and 47% by men (207,000).
Date de publication:
Mercredi, 23 Septembre, 2015
Langue du document
État du droit d’auteur:
Gratuit. Accessible gratuitement en téléchargement.
Type de ressource:
Niveau national et politiques