The province of Kahramanmaras is located inside the borders of the Mediterranean Region, The city lies on a plain at the foot of the Taurus Mountains.
Kahramanmaras Municipality was established in 1869 and became a Metropolitan Municipality in 2014. There are a total of 2600 personnel including 900 civil servants, 230contracted personnel and 1470 employees. The current organizational structure of Kahramanmaras Metropolitan Municipality consists of 1 General Secretary, 3 Assistant of General Secretary, 18 Head of Department and 65 directorates. Kahramanmaraş Metropolitan Municipality(KMM) is a local government authority responsible for the maintenance and day to day running of the city and surrounding areas. The city has an important role in handicrafts, metal utensils, ice cream production, textile, agriculture (fruit and vegetable), food and shoemaking sectors. KMM is the local public institution and areas of responsibility include social services (elderly children, children, young people with disabilities), energy, transportation, public transport, vocational training, hobby activities, cultural arts, tourism, environmental protection, reconstruction, youth and sports activities, IT and entrepreneurship.
The main topics we are addressing at the moment are:
- ICT innovation and STEAM
- Health, Food, Sport and Outdoor Education
- Prevent Drug Addiction
- Awareness About Addiction
- Special Educational Needs (SEN)
- Support children, youth and their family
- Local development and social inclusion
- Human rights education and raising awareness, advocacy and anti-discrimination
- Art, Culture, and Creativity
- Sustainability, Environment and Climate Change
- Capacity building of third sector organizations, educational institutes, and public sector