The issue of employment of persons with disabilities is one of the priorities of the countries. Physically disabled, visually impaired and hearing impaired people can be employed more easily, but there are difficulties in the employment of people with mental disabilities. One of the reasons for this is the lack of a model for the employment of people with disabilities.
We aim to develop a model of employment for the individuals with mental deficiency.
The following questions will be discussed during the project:
1. What are the employment practices of individuals with intellectual deficiencies in different countries?
2. Which program should be developed for the training of staff assigned to the employment procedures of people with mental deficiency?
3. What will be the opinion and experience of the stakeholders about the training programme of staff assigned to the employment of mentally deficient individuals?
4. How should an employment model be for people with mental deficiency?
We colloborate with Anadolu University Special Education Department and Eskisehir Provincial Directorate of National Education in local. We will collorate with partners who will mentor these individuals on employment including job placement, job preparation, job skills, orientation, workplace communication and adaptation to work. Institutions/organizations working in the education of individuals with mental deficiency and responsible for placing individuals with mental deficiency in work may be partners.
- Training program for the staff to be employed in the employment procedures of mentally deficient individuals.
- Proposal for the employment model of mentally deficient individuals.
If you are interested in the project, please send us your PIF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ebru AYGUN (Contact Person)