We are a British Council and Independent Schools Inspectorate accrediated English language school looking for partners for projects we are currently writing. We are writing KA2 projects on the following:
- MentorMap - This project aims to connect two groups who often face loneliness - young foreign exchange students and the elderly - through an online portal. Activities will be arranged where the young foreign students can benefit from learning more about the target language and culture, and older local people will benefit by having someone to talk to and in turn, learning about another culture as well.
- SkillShare+ - This project will see the creation of informal currencies that can be used for the exchange of services amongst low-skilled, immigrant, and other marginalized communities. Registered participants will be granted credits which they can ‘spend’ on each other’s help, earning credits for their own work in the process.
- DIVERSE - The subject of this project is promoting diversity and equality in foreign language classrooms, where there is almost always a large range of socio-economic backgrounds. It will produce materials intended to help foreign language teachers integrate practical activities to promote these ideals.
- Understand and Understood Where it Really Matters - The idea is to develop a mobile app that will help new learners of a language work on their pronunciation skills (in multiple languages). The app will allow users to practice in groups without embarrassment as well as use interactive games to learn. This will be targeted particularly towards adult immigrant workers, with an indirect target group of foreign language teachers.
- Teaching Grammar for Spontaneous Communication - The aim of this project is to familiarise teachers of a second language with ways that teaching can facilitate the development of grammatical knowledge that language learners can use fluently and spontaneously in real-time communication. It will develop Continuing Professional Development (CPD) content and a teacher-friendly handbook containing practical knowledge.
- Upskilling Foreign Language Teachers in the Student-Centered Approach - This will be targeted towards foreign language teachers across Europe and will develop at least an e-course and an OER on less teacher-centered and more student-centered language learning activities. The rationale behind it is that there is a lack of consistency amongst European countries on foreign language teaching approaches, with some preferring more traditional methods that do not optimally foster language learning for their students.
- Strengthening Communication between Teachers and Immigrant Parents - Unfortunately, children of migrant families tend to underperform academically. This project aims to support those children by producing tools that will help both the parents and the teachers of these children understand each other and work better together.
- Communicative Skills for Female Refugees in the Workforce - The project’s objective is to establish a self-sustaining website for refugees, migrants and local workers employed in factories which will establish agency for these female newcomers and locals turning them into independent learners by establishing a competency- and socio-cultural-based approach to language learning for the factory and establish a collaborative digital learning platform. The project aims to familiarise refugees and migrants with working practices, culture, and aural and oral communication skills used in these scenarios.
We are looking for the following types of organisations, and others are weclome:
- other language schools
- VET organisations
- NGOs dealing with migrants or the elderly
- other organisations dealing with immigrants and integration
If you are interested in partnering on any of these KA2 projcets, please send an email (with your PIF attached) to email@example.com