Learn how to write in plain English this year.
What is plain English?
Plain English is a style of writing and layout that the intended reader can understand after a single reading. It will help you clarify what you’re trying to say and, as a result, help your reader get your message exactly as you intended. Presenting information in plain English includes using suitable words, adopting a direct style, avoiding unnecessary jargon and designing your written information to make it easier to follow.
Should I attend this course?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to ensure you are communicating as clearly and effectively as possible?
- Are you sometimes frustrated answering the same questions because the information to customers is not clear enough?
- Do you find it difficult to develop clear reports, policies, promotional, training or web materials?
- Do you want to get quality training in how best to communicate, provided by leaders in plain English editing and training?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions, then this course is for you.
- Wednesday 22 June - register here
- Wednesday 14 September - register here
- Wednesday 14 October - register here
Location: Carmelite Community Centre 56 Aungier St Dublin 2
How much will it cost?
€120 per person (€100 per person for community and voluntary organisations). Payment must be paid in advance.