Digi4Adults project blog - a peer model for teachers to share and learn digital skills
Digi4Adults - Adults Acquiring Digital Skills (Erasmus+ KA2 2015-2017)
In brief, we endorse
- Peer-learning in competence development (based loosely on SECI-model)
- Content and Digital Competence Integrated Learning, CDCIL (similarities with Content and Language Integrated Learning)
- Digital competence as other than mere technical competence, but rather entailing several competence areas such as information, communication, content creation, safety and problem solving (as in DIGCOMP: A Framework for Understanding and Developing Digital Competence in Europe)
- Tampere Adult Education Centre, Finland (coordinator)
- BFI Wien, Vocational Training Institute Vienna, Austria
- VUC Storstrøm, Denmark
- Sundsvalls Kommun/Adult Education in Sundsvall, Sweden
- CEPÅ San Bartolomé de Tirajana, Spain
The objective of Digi4Adults (Adults Acquiring Digital Skills) is to create an international on-going collaborative grassroots approach for trainers in adult learning in developing and sharing methods of teaching different aspects of digital competence to adult learners in need of such competence to improve their skills for life and their employability.
Target groups are teachers and trainers in adult education and training
End-users re adult learners in need of digital skills
- Digi4Adults addresses the lack of collaborative methods on learning digital skills, which are predominantly conveyed in a manner of conventional staff training.
- The trainers are encouraged to develop content and digital competence integrated learning methods in collaboration with the adult learners, hence supporting the teacher's role shift from a leader to a facilitator, where applicable.
- The project methodology bases itself loosely on the theoretical framework of the SECI model (Socialization, Externalization, Combination and Internalization by Nanoka 1995) on knowledge creation as continuous transfer, combination and conversion of the diffenrent types of knowledge as users practice, interact and learn.
Phases of activities for the completion of intellectual outputs
- Building commitment for digital and content integration competence based on functional a definition of digital competence: Digi4Adults Training Scheme
- Collecting, developing and sharing small cases i.e. caselets on pedagogical application of digital and content integration published as Open Educational Resource: Digi4Adults CDCIL EPALE Blog
- The Digi4Adults Model for the development of teachers/trainers competence in chains of peer teachers/trainers at the grassroots level: Digi4Adults Peer Teacher Model
- Concise Digi4Adults Final Report on the development of digital competentce in adult learning organisations
For more information, please, contact:
Mari Poikolainen mari.poikolainen(at)takk.fi
Tampere Adult Education Centre Finland
In a nutshell, Digi4Adults project (Erasmus+ KA2 2015-2017) encourages teachers as peers to work together in sharing and developing their skills in the application of digital tools. In our EPALE blog, we collect Content and Digital Competence Integrated Learning CDCIL methods as small case studies, caselets, and invite you all to join us to apply them in new contexts, and moreover, to produce your own caselets with us!