Project “PARTS – Parents Art” KA1 Erasmus+ Program
Cultiv – Association of Ideias for Culture and Citizenship is a non-profit organization, responsible for the project “Poetry has no bars”, which operates in Prisons in Portugal, using literature, writing and artistic experimentation as tools for social inclusion and promotion of the values of citizenship.
Begun in 2003, “Poetry has no bars” is developed and implemented in partnership with Directorate-General for Reinsertion and Prison Services.Using art and culture as tools for development and social inclusion are Cultiv's priorities. Despite the large amount of scientific literature already available regarding the benefits of this type of non-formal model, there is still a need to combine knowledge and practice across Europe, systematizing it for effective widespread use across the community. For Cultiv is fundamental:
1) give specific training to the technicians that make up the creative and executive nucleus of the organization, in order to disseminate it to the approximately 100 volunteers who are currently subscribed to our database;
2) create protocols and partnerships with international organizations that allow for the crossing of dynamics, the integration and representation of their working models in our country, and conversely, the availability of our methodology for implementation in those countries.
“PARTS - Parents Art” is an adult education project under the Erasmus + program Key Action 1, lasting 18 months. As a project for individual staff training, the need arises to continuously increase the quality of the responses of the Portuguese Prisons, namely the technical teams of the non-formal education sector and the voluntary sector, in the specific areas of socio-cultural and artistic interventions. Continued development of this quality enables the design and implementation of more diversified programs that contribute more broadly to the process of resocialization of prisoners.
The “PARTS” project aims to:
1) to share knowledge and good practices among the different countries of Europe in the field of non-formal education and in models that promote the creation, maintenance and the resumption of family bonds in prisons;
2) To improve and empower the professional, language and social skills of Technicians, Volunteer Managers and Trainers in areas that help support inmates in preparing for after releasing (formal education and contributing to the maintenance of family relationships during the period of imprisonment);
3) to develop innovative practices in Portuguese Prisons based on transnationally proven best practices, specifically in terms of integration through art and voluntary work, in the area of parenting and maintaining family relationships;
4) Disseminate Best Practices at the prison qualification level through the organization of two Knowledge and Experience Sharing Workshops, with presentation of project results.
The Erasmus + jobshadowing activity is a partnership opportunity between two organizations, providing an opportunity for participants to spend time with another relevant organization, learning best practices to disseminate in the national context. The objectives and activities for the jobshadowing period are agreed in advance, specifying the rights and obligations of each partner prior to the commencement of the activity (see attached mobility agreement).
For jobshadowing activities the Erasmus + program does not fund a fee for the host organization, only covers the travel, accommodation and food expenses of the participants. Understanding that this type of activity requires additional effort to the day-to-day work of organizations, Cultiv is available to agree on ways to disclose the host organization's work, in addition to those required at project-related dissemination events, and / or other forms of outreach partnership between organizations.