The Bureau of EU and Foreign Relations Bureau was established on 10 February 2010 in Balikesir Governorship and since its inception, it has been active in many areas. It is a sub-unit of Balıkesir Governorship works with the aim to increase awareness of the EU accession period. One of the main aims of the Bureau is to carry out the works for harmonization with the EU and on being members of the EU with the projects provided by Erasmus + fund. At the national level, Balıkesir Governorship EU Office has also a connection with the Ministry of EU Relations and Ministry of Internal Relations. At the EU level, Balıkesir Governorship EU and Foreign Relations Bureau has previous cooperations with many organizations from different European countries. The Bureau, in other words, acts as a bridge in the development of relations between Balıkesir Province/Turkey and the EU.
In addition to the International, National, Regional and Local projects in which our Center is a partner, the Center introduces funds available to entrepreneurs, announce calls for grant proposals, organizes training programs on EU grant programs and project cycle management, gives trainings to relevant staff from institutions/organizations that wish to write projects, By providing support to entrepreneurs, they enable them to write projects, find partners and present their projects, and also provide support to institutions and organizations whose projects are accepted.
Goals of the Unit:
• Ensuring the coordination of the activities of public institutions and non-governmental organizations for our province from a single source.
• Providing the necessary source of financial support from international grant and credit programs.
• To ensure the creation of project teams within all public institutions and organizations.
• Managing the monitoring, auditing, preparation and monitoring of projects at the macro level.
• To create a database and to do project inventory.
• To give priority to supporting disadvantaged groups, young people, young entrepreneurs, and youth workers.
• To share success stories and good practices.
• Establishing common reasoning, identifying city policy with all stakeholders in the city. (Governance)
• To prepare the infrastructure for EU projects to be prepared
• Development of Local Capacity: Capacity building for planning, organizing, presenting and managing public services to meet the needs of the rapidly growing population.
• It is aimed to include the active participation of disadvantaged groups living in the problem while determining the problem and producing solutions.