Within the mobility project “Learning and Sharing for Better Teaching” Bojana Nikic Vujic, ELTA Serbia member, attended the course 'Creative Methodology for Using ICT in the English Classroom'. Below you can read her experience during the mobility.
Before the Mobility started, the course provider provided:
1. Reading selections from a pre-course reading list
2. Cultural counselling from in-country counsellor
3. Communication about mobility arrangements
4. Required computer programs and apps installed
5. Detailed course program
At the beginning of the training all attendees were presented with the program and pace of its delivery. On the first day orientation tours around the Center was organized. The participants were accommodated at Kent University campus in students’ houses and had a lot of opportunity to socialize and talk about various topics.
During the mobility, I attended the course about ‘Creative Methodology for Using ICT in the English Classroom’.
At ‘Creative Methodology for Using ICT in the English Classroom’ course we learnt about:
- evaluating and creating activities for teaching vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and developing language skills by combining online and offline methods,
- projects and presentations using ICT,
- developing learner creativity through using ICT,
- micro and peer teaching,
- adapting teaching to different learning styles and learning needs,
- adapting activities and tasks creatively,using online resources creatively.
As an outcome of the Mobility and training provided, I acquired the following competences:
- Language enrichment and improved English language competences
- Gaining better insight into online and offline teaching methods
- Better understanding of ICT teaching methodologies
- Building up a bank of practical ICT teaching ideas
- Better understanding of creative ways of implementing ICT into teaching
- Understanding different educational systems in Europe
This was a wonderful opportunity to establish contacts with other EU teachers for future cooperation and exchange experiences and the examples of good practice with other course participants. Apart from that, in the afternoons we had a chance to explore the sights of Kent and to experience British culture.
The Erasmus+ programs are wonderful opportunity for teachers to enrich the ELT methodology, broaden the understanding of different educational systems in Europe, enjoy the culture and meet teachers form different EU countries.