The project ‘Pulse: Language and Communication Skills for Foreign Nurses’ has the aim to improve language and communication competences of nurses working in a foreign country, or planning to work abroad. Partners from 6 European countries (France, Bulgaria, Italy, The Netherlands, Romania and Spain) gather their efforts together to develop innovative methodology for improving foreign nurses’ language and communication skills. Through variety of activities and intellectual outputs the target group representatives will be provided with opportunities to increase their competences, skills and attitudes to the work place specifics.
Pulse supports acquiring and using knowledge, skills and qualifications to facilitate nurses’ personal development, employability and high quality participation in the European labour market.
- Conduct a Pulse European Survey to create a clear picture of what kind of language, communication and intercultural competencies foreign nurses need and to what extent language and communication models exist and are applied in the training of nurses.
- Develop E-learning methodology and curriculum for workplace language and communication for nurses.
- Develop E-learning course for workplace language and communication for nurses.
It will include an interactive tool with educational, engaging and entertaining character which will enable foreign nurses to quickly achieve progress in adaptation and language learning. It will contain specific text materials, basic grammar rules and communicative structures, ice-breaking exercises, games and tests, combined with videos of real-life situations and experiences.
- Organise testing of the E-learning course with representatives of target groups.
- Develop an assessment tool for linguistic and communication competences of nurses to measure the effectiveness of training and learning immediately after the course has been implemented.
- Hold workshops with language and VET education providers to demonstrate and discuss the methodology and the course curriculum.
- Organise seminars to present the E-learning course and the results from the pilot and further promote the project outcomes.
The project is run from September 1st 2016 till September 30th 2018.
Centre de Formation de la Chambre de Commerce Italienne de Lyon (FR)
Università per Stranieri di Siena (IT)
PRESSURE LINE (NL)
FONDO FORMACION EUSKADI SLL (ES)
Fundatia Centrul Educational Spektrum Miercurea Ciuc (RO)
INSTITUTE FOR TRAINING OF PERSONNEL IN INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS (BG)
KU TU (BG)